Prompt Contest 02/04/2019 Results!

Welcome back my creative friends!

As you know the Prompt Contest ended this last Friday. So today is the day to announce who won this particular contest.

First off as a quick reminder, here is the original prompt.

I chose this picture because there are several different things that could be happening. Is it all in the girl's imagination? Is it portraying the wonder of the book she is reading? Is she discovering that she has super powers for the first time? Or is someone else causing things to float around her.

Well the winner of this contest saw something that I didn't see and wrote a poem that gets at totally different feeling in this picture.

Everyone, say congratulations to Brooklyne Nickell!!!!

Brooklyne Nickel and her horse Rosie


And here is Brooklyne's winning poem!


A New Train of Thought 

by Brooklyne Nickell

So many opinions
So many options
So many distractions
So many problems 

So easily to stray off track
So easily to get off topic
So easily to be same old, same old

So much confusion
So much regret
So much to do, so little time

Maybe a new train of thought is in order? 

A train track of possibilities awaits
New horizons and new beginnings
Dreams not forgotten, but ever-changing 

Making day dreams a reality
Spontaneously mixing things up
Trying something for the first time

Looking back at the past to learn
Looking at the present to cherish
Looking towards the future with hope

Maybe a new train of thought is in order? 


Congratulations Brooklyne!!!

If you want to see more of what Brooklyne can do head on over to bensshowersofblessings.blogspot.com

But wait! There's more!

I've decided to add to the results post. It just doesn't seem right to just present the winner. Not when there's so much creativity out there.

So I'm also going to announce the honorable mention! (In future there might be more. But today there's just one)

This person wishes to remain anonymous, but come and say congratulations anyway!


Change The Ending

“That’s the problem. You can’t do it.” He looks at me, his expression grim.
We’re at the end of our rope. All resources have run out. All the options have been used.
Hope is gone, and the only thing left to do is to give up.
Yet, I still look him in the eye, and smile. I have one last thing up my sleeve. One last thing I’ve saved for a moment like this. Only to use in the worst of emergencies.
As soon as my decision is made the room goes dark. Dark to pitch black. Nothing can be seen. Even sound is swallowed up by it.
Except for me and him. I can see him. He’s staring at me. It’s like we’re the only two people left in the world.
In a sense we are.
I take a deep breath in and squeeze my fists at me sides.
He jumps when a burst of pages comes fluttering down around us. Infinitely above and below, pages of paper raining down. We’re floating, but standing on solid ground.
I could stand and watch them for hours. But we don’t have that much time.
I reach out and grab a page from the air.
That’s the problem. You can’t do it.” are the last words on the page. Above them are the words telling of our adventure up until that point.
I flip the page over. Looking for the moment where everything went wrong. The second when I made the wrong decision.
Before I can stop and think about what I’m doing, about how I can never get those moments back again, how they will never be a part of my story, I tear the page in half. Right above my worst decision.
The black jolts to the dim light of my bedroom. I’m sitting on my bed. Doing homework.
I have to change my story.



Comments

  1. Yay! Thanks for picking my poem, and congratulations to the honorable mention! This was a fun prompt challenge! :)
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for entering! I'm glad that you enjoyed it! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment