Flash Fiction Contest #7 Results

Welcome back!

The results of the Flash fiction contest are in!

Thank you to everyone who entered.

I picked a prompt this week that describes one of my own novels that I'm working on. I wanted to see where you guys would take it.

The winner this week definitely showed a different side than what I saw.

Everyone say congratulations to Keturah Lamb!



Image may contain: Keturah Lamb, smiling, outdoor and closeup
Keturah Lamb


Keturah took a dark picture and gave it a dark twist, but in such a poetic way.

So here it is! The winner of this week's Flash Fiction contest!

The Queen of Nothing.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/480055641527901360/



by Keturah Lamb


    You saw me first, “Hello, what is your name?”

    I told you, wondering how I could be so trusting. I think it was your eyes – they echoed my

every question of, what is life?

    I followed you, because your smile was broken. Just as my heart feels every day even 

though

     I am known for my laughter.

    "This is my palace," you said. "I need someone. Someone to be my Queen."

    I needed someone, too. Someone like me — like you. 

    We needed each other. 

    Or so I thought. 

    Your eyes were not questions, but secrets. Your smile was not broken, but calculated. 

    You left me in darkness, locking me inside of your palace. Alone. No one can hear my tears

 or my laughter — except for you, I think. 

    I need out. The darkness is heavier than my loneliness. Your face haunts my 

dreams.  Insanity grips my mind – the questions never cease. I can't escape how truly 

broken I now am – how I hate you, yet long for you to rescue me even still.

    Inside your empty halls, I feel like the Queen of Nothing.

    But I shall not remain. I will not give into the madness – I shall find the crack in your 

walls.

    I shall see the sun once more. And when I do, I will never look back on this palace, not 

ever again.




Congratulations Keturah!


If you want to see more of what Keturah can do head on over to  https://keturahskorner.blogspot.com/


And since no one entered the prompt contest this week the prompt will be the same for this next contest, so head over to the original post! I will be changing the deadline to 


8:00 PM Thursday October 25, 2018


Plus the Art contest is still open until Monday night!!!


See you next time!

Comments