Flash Fiction Contest #3 Results

Welcome back!

The results of the Flash fiction contest are in!

Thank you to everyone who entered.

Choosing the winner was not easy this week. The entries were both exciting and intriguing. This weeks winner is Julian Daventry!




While all of the entries piqued my interest and definitely made me think, Julian's entry gave me a new sense of adventure. I took the boy in the picture and set him up to become a hero. It made me want to read the rest of his story.

So here it is! The winner of this week's Flash Fiction contest!

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/480055641527456079/


It couldn't be my imagination.  I knew the feel of a sword, the heavy way it pulled my arm, the feel of the hilt in my callused hands.  This was a weapon, made of steel and devoted work.  What did it matter if no one else could see it?

"You're a silly boy," my people said.  "Full of the stories of firesides and heroes.  You're not a warrior.  You don't really have a sword."  When they thought I wasn't around, they shook their heads and whispered about doctors and medicine.  I saw the worried looks in their eyes as I practiced with my blade - invisible to all but me.  I watched them avoid me more and more, passing by on the other side of the street.

But I didn't mind.  They would learn the truth, some day.  And when the day of destruction finally came, and they fell to their knees, praying for someone to help them, for someone save them from their enemies, someone did hear.

I picked up my sword.  It was time to be a hero.


Congratulations Julian!


If you want to find more of Julian's work you can head over to her blog at 

If you want to check out the honorable mention head over to the collections page or click here.

See you next time!

Comments

  1. Congrats, Julian! I liked reading your flash fiction piece! Good job! :)
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Congrats Julian! That actually reminded me of when in the Bible it refers to Christians as being soldiers and taking up the Sword. =D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment