Prompt Contest #1 Results

The Results Are In!!!

Prompt Contest #1 is complete!

Thank you to those who entered! ;)

I love to see creativity come to life in ways that I don't expect. The winner of the prompt contest this week definitely did that.

Everyone say congratulations to Keturah Lamb, the winner of this week's prompt contest.


Image may contain: Keturah Lamb, smiling, outdoor and closeup
Keturah Lamb

Keturah wrote a beautiful poem that took the image from the prompt and gave it more meaning. It puts emotion into the two people and makes your heart break for them.

But enough about what I think. I'll let you read it for yourself!

So here it is. 

Inspiration


SPLIT, NOT BROKEN

by Keturah Lamb

If only our hearts
were truly broken;
fragmented parts
unable to be collected.

If only I was blind
to memories
clouding my mind;
of love that used to be.

But no, our separation 
is made by choice.
Our pain our own creation,
spoken by our voice. 

We tore our heart
We split it in two. 
As if we could outsmart 
love and start anew.

But no, we each own 
half of what once was. 
And with that the daily
ache of anguish. 

Ragged lines separate
us, keeping our hearts
torn as we make hate
while all love departs.



Congratulations Keturah! You far exceeded my expectations!

If you want to see more of what Keturah can do head on over to https://keturahskorner.blogspot.com/
From there you can also find her on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

Pinterest link for image: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/480055641527259428/


Comments

  1. Yay! But you make it sound much too awesome — thanks! I'm so excited about this entire blog :)

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keturah, that poem is BEAUTIFUL!!!

    This blog is really cool. I am feeling SUPER inspired, rn. <3 I can't wait to see more posts, Lauren.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment